Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ok, so my brother told me about fasteners...


1) http://www.siouxchief.com/ContactUs Link to where to buy fasteners...

2) http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/proper-fasteners-copper-pipe-straps-89136.html Link to blog post about fasteners...

Lo & I behold I am perhaps not the genius I thought I was to be...

Been using copper strapping...On my Dragonfly sculpture & other sculptures as an armature basis...Thought the use was my own invention...

  At the Papermill Gallery show my brother mentioned the word fasteners...

  The next day I quickly sent a photo showing how my way of using the copper strapping was so ingenious...

 Skip to this morning when I Googled copper strapping & how it is used...At Link 2)(see above) someone explains that you should really use brass screws & bolts with your copper...

At Link 1)(see above) is a whole cornucopia of things you can use with copper strapping...

So anyways...Anyhow...

Apparently sticking rods or screws through copper strapping holes in order to join two rods together is not exactly new...Well, so what they were doing is joining copper pipes together, using the strapping as a tool...

  I was using the strapping as a primary to join two rods together, without using pipe at all...

 Which is maybe a new way of using the strapping? A change of focus...

  What I find interesting is maybe one could use both ideas together...Join pipe together using the strapping, then add rods into that join for detail decor?





 



No comments: