Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dragonfly is going to be in a show March 13 to the 24th of 2013...You are invited to attend, here are the rules...I mean, advice, I mean, details...


http://mad.ly/6ffc83 Show Notice: March 13 to the 24th, Sari Grove is showing Dragonfly at The PaperMill gallery...The public reception (party-like thing) is on Thursday March 21st, 2013 between 6:30 pm & 8:30 pm...Please No Flirting with the Artist if you go...She is very married & her husband is large & territorial...However, compliments are acceptable...Please dress in your finest chic but cazh- (Casual)(how do you write cas. phonetically, cage?)...Anyways, please look wonderful...You will be amongst a group of people who all they care about is how things look...Be prepared to be looked at...Studied...or come completely unprepared in defiance...I have no idea if or what food will be served, let alone alcohol...So please eat well beforehand...I'd say drink well, but many of you will be driving, since , let's be honest, walking to 67 Pottery Road is kind of far & dangerous...probably not a good idea...Please be aware that Fantasy farm is across the road from the Todmorden Mills heritage site...The animals will be sleeping if you attend the night reception, so please whisper instead of shouting...bringing them gifts might not be allowed...But bonus points for those who consider that...If you forgo the party & come on another day that is good...Why? because light tends to be better during the day...Light is pretty important to how you see art...Plus the animals across the street will be awake & then you can visit them, which is your real goal...Um, I mean mine...If you don't see me at the art show I will be across the street in the barn looking at the animals...The link above tells what all got accepted into this show...Very prestigious show I might add...Bye, Sari


Architecture: Comment by Sari...(here's the original article I am commenting on...

(Note: I am reposting my comment, because I saw a typo in the first, went to edit & it got snared in some approval loop...I need to go & do something else now & I do want to make sure that my labours in writing were not in vain...So sorry for reposting...But I don't feel like checking every 5 minutes for the rest of the day whether or not somebody bothered to approved my comment or not, depending on how long their lunch hour is...) :)
  1)Height...How can a human feel empowered when the building behind is taller always? To feel empowered, build me a mountain that I can sit on top of...With the mountain beneath me, I no longer feel dwarfed... 2)Fashion...Watch a fashion show...Watch the ridiculously skinny women walk in more ridiculous high heels while wearing make-up & hair products & garments that are silly for anything but a runway photography shoot...How can architecture, which springs directly from our current society not also be ridiculous in its worship of form? Until we change the details of our influences, the nature of our philosophies on a small level, the big things cannot change either... 3)God...God creates...God is the best architect of all, especially when it comes to public spaces...I think when we forget that nature is the most beautiful of spaces we drown in our own hubris...What we have been given was already perfect, mostly we have just ruined it...Perhaps, when in doubt, we should just leave things alone...4)By the nature of it, building a building is encroaching upon public space...The very putting up of something that was not there before splices the space into have & have not...The have is for those who go inside...By this conversation, I am to assume that public space means outside? So by putting up anything, one is subtracting from public space...Which leads back to my last point perhaps, that nothing, not building, is better for public space in an elemental way based on just size of space allotted...5)Which brings me back to the question...Why must public space be only outside?  or am I wrong & have missed the point? Can the parameters of public space include interiors? What makes a space public? 6) http://goo.gl/maps/OQAIO ( I don't know how to make the link hot, sorry, copy & paste if you feel like it)...(I don't want to use someone else's photo without permission, sorry-hence the link...) *This is The Todmorden Mills Heritage Site..."Todmorden Mills Heritage Site is made up of the Papermill Theatre and Gallery, the Brewery Gallery, two historic houses and 9.2 hectare wildflower garden ..." This site is very successful with the public...Across the street is Fantasy Farm where there is a barn with farm animals that one can interact with...The theatre has great plays...The Art gallery within the theatre is hugely active within the community...The size of the wildflower garden, is well, you know, really big...Is this a successful site from the parameters of this article? I think so...How much did it cost to build? How much did the architects get paid? To maintain? How much do people love it? (Alot actually)...I guess I am saying that old things are nice...Maybe architects should spend more time on fixing up stuff that is already there rather than making the next new thing...? Restoration...Heritage work...Stuff people care about & use alot...The content of what is inside the buildings there are key...The Arts...The people in the arts...I'm not going to show a picture of the animals in the barn across the street...But I love that place...

No comments: