Saturday, February 2, 2013

Please do not jaywalk...Please...

This is Sari in Burlington at Lasalle Park marina there, with the Trumpeter swans...(they are getting wild bird seed)...
 



Two weeks ago, my mother's boyfriend, crossed the street in the middle at Marlborough & Yonge street in Toronto...

  Behind him, making a left hand turn onto Yonge from Marlborough was a taxi...

 The taxi cab, turning left, saw the pedestrian, honked, but continued to drive...

 The taxi struck my mom's friend...

 He got hit & ended up on the hood of the cab then fell backward onto the street, hitting the back of his head...

 At Sunnybrook hospital, they stapled his head back together again...They put him on a breathing tube & a feeding tube...

 Two weeks later his heart gave way & he died...That was on Tuesday...January 29th, 2013...

 His name was Arthur Brugger...He was from Germany...I think he had been my mum's boyfriend for more than 16 years (after my Dad died by the way)...

 It is a very sad sad thing...

 For those who knew him there is a reception at the Visitation Centre at Mount Pleasant Cemetery at 1:00 pm this Sunday...

I am writing this for anyone on this planet who might ever considering crossing the street in the middle...

Please don't do it...Please do not jaywalk...The loss to your family & friends is not worth the time or energy saved...

Please just take the extra 5 or 10 minutes to wait for a light to change, to cross at a crosswalk...

Please do not jaywalk...Try...Tell your friends not to jaywalk...Reprimand teens you see doing it...

This loss is so pivotal to our concentric circle...It alters our reality...The ripple effect of this loss will be huge...

I guess that is all that I can say for now...Oh, the taxi cab driver was charged with careless driving, even though the pedestrian was jaywalking...Little comfort now...

http://yongeandroxborough.blogspot.ca/2013/01/yr-resident-arthur-brugger-killed-in.html Link to a photo of Arthur & short new story from the locals...

I've been working on ways to make a prosthetic left hand...This part is just the index finger & the thumb....My next try, I will use locking nuts on the end of the rods instead of regular bolts so the locking nuts can sit right at the end of the rod...I chose the black Plasti-Dip colour because I find that flesh coloured prosthetics are too scary...This is cool looking & is very open about it being not real...I wonder if it is too heavy...My new thought is to put magnets on the tip of each finger & one big one on the palm...So, theoretically you could grab something & pick it up...The kinetics will take a while to figure out...

No comments: