Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Work in Progress: "Essence of Bee", Ferrocement Sculpture, about 24"h x 36"l x 24"w, by me, Sari Grove..

So, the wings have settled slightly lower due to the weight of the concrete, which makes the Bee look more like an organic design for a new aircraft...I realize now that I didn't add antennae, but maybe that was a good decision to avoid cuteness...Though I have now added bee stripes, I think I like this earlier vision which did not have striping-it is more pure...I have completed the entire underside now & will go back & finish the top of the platform & some detailing...Thanks to Nick Nickolson who has taught me how to handle cement in a more graceful & less lumpy fashion...If you are irking to learn this craft, I recommend you take one of his classes...

 March 28th, 2012: I cleaned up & stabilized the platform, adding cement then into the wet cement adding gold powder mixed with latex adhesive (Al Fresco style)... "Essence of Bee" ferrocement sculpture by Sari & Joseph Grove...Not completely done but getting very Bee-like...

essence of bee


No comments: